The Weather Channel, developer of the #1 Free Weather Application for Apple's iPad, is expanding our development team. We are searching for an iOS developer able to help develop and continually improve our current application as well as any other iPad application we may build in the future. This is very much a hands-on position, and the candidate will be responsible for continuing the development of existing world-class products for the consumer weather space as well as delivering new and innovative products for the mobile user.
A wide range of skills will be required and the candidate must be willing to continue the learning process as The Weather Channel continues to innovate with new ideas and as new tools and techniques become available. The Weather Channel has fully embraced dedicated Agile teams for product development. As such, the candidate must be willing and able to participate as a team member using Agile processes in an open team based environment. The candidate must be prepared to continue to leverage dynamic weather data in both geo-spacial and geo-temporal ways using maps and other visualization techniques such as live and streaming video.
- Work in a team oriented, agile environment
- Actively participate in daily Scrums as well as biweekly Sprint Planning Sessions
- Correct defects in the existing product.- Implement new features or improvements to the existing product or upcoming product
- Create efficient, performant algorithms and assist others in doing the same
- Work with Quality Assurance and Testing to deliver well tested and working applications that meet required specifications
- Be proactive and willing to raise issues early in the development process.
A. Knowledge- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering- Prefer 2
years programming experience in general- Prefer 1 year experience specific with iOS in specificB. SkillsRequired:- Experience
using object oriented programming techniques.- Experience using common programming languages, such as Objective-C,
- using IDEs for software development, preferably Apple's XCode
- Comfortable in using standard debugging techniques such as logging, GDB, and/or Instruments to localize and correct software defects
- Understanding of the challenges related to mobile development including battery and radio usage as well as CPU and memory constraints
- Understanding of common design patterns including Model-View-Controller.- Hands on experience using smart phones and/or tablets preferably iPhone and/or iPad
- Exposure to iOS Memory Management, both with and without ARC.- Ability to interact both in a team oriented setting as well as an individual
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.- Highly creative.- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.- A commitment to quality
- Exposure to non-English languages and/or work on products intended for international deployment
- Exposure to television or digital video production and distribution.- Understanding of Earth sciences/weather
Contract ( Independent)