Job DescriptionWarehouse Manager OVERVIEW:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us!
POSITION SUMMARY: This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, management and direction to delivery staff, compliance with government regulations and safety and security of the delivery department.
• Supervises the daily work and safety of Delivery/Warehouse Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
• Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
• Supervises labor hours and supplies within budget. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
• Supervises the proper selection utilization of Company assets in support of the Delivery department. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
• Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with implementation of delivery changes.
• Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
• Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues. Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
• Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
• Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
• Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
• Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
• Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
Education and / or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
• Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
• Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.